Friday, December 28, 2012

Traditional Chinese Confinement Food Recipes


Traditional Chinese Confinement Food Recipes


A variety of Cantonese, Hakka, Teochew, FuZhuo (FooChow), Nyonya Postpartum Recipes from the 101 Healthy Easy Food Recipes website:

Postpartum Care and Post-Natal Diets

Black Vinegar Shank Confinement RecipeChinese is particularly concerns about postpartum care as they believe post-natal diets, if well-taken care of, can speed up womb recovery, replenish blood lost during delivery, strengthen the body and prevent post-natal health problem that may arise. The foods or ingredients are carefully selected and meticulously coupled to make a well-rounded and nutritious confinement dish to treat their post-natal period. These confinement dishes are mainly for nourishing the blood, promoting blood circulation, dispelling postpartum 'wind' from the abdomen area ('wind' is left behind when placenta is exerted out), replenishing 'qi', getting rid of blood stasis in the womb, warding off colds, stimulating lactation and also strengthening body resistance towards various ailments. Some common ingredients typically used in Chinese confinement recipes which are favored for their healing properties are, ginger, turmeric, galangal, sesame oil, Chinese herbs (such as Chinese Angelica Root, Chinese wolfberries, dates), pork and fish.
There are many confinement or post-natal rituals practiced by Chinese older folks which are rather elaborate and complicated. Albeit there are many do's and don'ts, one should not just believe and abide without some common sense. Some traditional practices may pose some risks to the mother's health and hygiene problems when handling infant. Always approach doctors or certified professionals for consultation on the food intake if you are not sure.
Healthy Easy Traditional Chinese Confinement Food Recipes
Healthy postpartum diet feature well-balanced foods which give the crucial inputs required during confinement. Chinese of different regional dialects observe their confinement practice and consume their postpartum diet differently, each with their own beliefs and uniqueness.

Cantonese Postpartum Diet Recipes

Cantonese confinement dish mainly centers around wine, ginger and vinegar. Black vinegar shank features an assemblage of these ingredients is much sought after to replenish calcium and iron loss during child birth. There're multiple ways of preparing Cantonese confinement dish, with most of them featuring copious amount of glutinous rice wine or less alcoholic wine. Cantonese post-natal woman shun taking overnight, raw and cold food.

Hakka Postpartum Diet Recipes

The most renowned Hakka confinement dish is chicken with ginger and wine. Wine selection ranges from homemade rice wine or grape wine, to ready-made and commercially available glutinous rice wine or D.O.M. Shallot pork maw soup dispels postpartum 'wind' effectively whilst stewed Dang Guiin coconut soup is a potent treat of migraine. Hakka post-natal woman tends to shy away from drinking plain water and taking too much salt.

Teochew Postpartum Diet Recipes

Teochew confinement dish predominantly features rice wine or ginger wine, as both wines typically can be tolerated by most population without triggering any alcohol intolerance symptoms, such as hives (swelling or urticaria), itching et cetera. Angelica sinensis (Dang Gui) and Codonopsitis Pilosulae (Dang Shen) are the common Chinese herbs consumed by Teochew to tonify blood and invigorate 'qi' (lack of appetite, fatigue, thirst, diarrhea, vomiting, prolapse of uterus). Lean meat vinegar soup is their potent traditional post-natal recipe to help uterus to contract to its normal size. Teochew's traditional post-natal beliefs include staying away from raw and uncooked food and refrain from consuming too much of green vegetables.

Fuzhou (Foochow) Postpartum Diet Recipes

Fuzhou (foochow) confinement dish features Fuzhou red wine, a renowned reddish-colored wine fermented from glutinous rice, red rice bran (or red yeast) and wine biscuit (or 'jiu bing'), which is distinctly rich, concentrated, sweet with a tinge of sourish end and with wonderful aroma. Fuzhoured wine is entrenched in Fuzhou community and often used generously in confinement cooking.Fuzhou red wine and fermented wine rice is used predominantly in Fuzhou confinement diet, omitting the water in order to achieve optimal result of nourishing 'qi' and blood.

Nyonya Postpartum Diet Recipes

Nyonya confinement dish always encapsulates subtle and refined combination of herbs and spicesto bring out its intense and pungent flavor. Besides delicious and nutritious, Nyonya confinement dish emphasizes dispelling postpartum 'wind' through post-natal diet and also regulating 'qi'. For Nyonyas, the actual confinement period lasts for 100 days, and they look after their confinement diet especially well for the first 40 days as it's crucial for speedy postpartum recovery.


13 comments:

  1. it is a great outlet and at the very least will help you capture your baby food .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so exited to share my testimonies about the Good Work of Dr. Emmanuel who cured my Herpes virus with his herbs, I never thought that I will live on earth before the year runs out. I have been suffering from a deadly Herpes virus (HVS) for the past (4)years now; I had spent a lot of money going from one Hospital to another looking for way to get rid of this disease, the hospital have been my home everyday residence. Constant checks up havdid, few days after i went back to the same hospital that previously confirmed me as Herpes virus positive and this time the result declared me negative to the deadly virus of Herpes virus....so I decided to share my testimony, that nothing is impossible with God, God use a man to healed me. No matter what you are passing through, no matter how deadly the sickness is and no matter what the situation is God that did mine is still going to do yours, suffering from AIDS, ALS,hiv/aids,copd, asthma.. Cancer,Hpv, any kind of disease, you can rich him now via ? Gmail address: ( nativehealthclinic@gmail.com) or WhatsApp number +2348140073965e been my hobby not until this faithful day, I was searching
      through the internet, I saw a testimony on how Dr.Emmanuel helped someone in curing his Herpes virus using his healing
      Herbs, quickly I copied his email just to give him a test I spoke to him, he asked me to a preparation for the herbs items, of which I did exactly what he instructed me to do, he told me that he is going to provide the herbal cure to me, which he
      thank you.

      Delete
  2. I'm so exited to share my testimonies about the Good Work of Dr. Emmanuel who cured my Herpes virus with his herbs, I never thought that I will live on earth before the year runs out. I have been suffering from a deadly Herpes virus (HVS) for the past (4)years now; I had spent a lot of money going from one Hospital to another looking for way to get rid of this disease, the hospital have been my home everyday residence. Constant checks up havdid, few days after i went back to the same hospital that previously confirmed me as Herpes virus positive and this time the result declared me negative to the deadly virus of Herpes virus....so I decided to share my testimony, that nothing is impossible with God, God use a man to healed me. No matter what you are passing through, no matter how deadly the sickness is and no matter what the situation is God that did mine is still going to do yours, suffering from AIDS, ALS,hiv/aids,copd, asthma.. Cancer,Hpv, any kind of disease, you can rich him now via ? Gmail address: ( nativehealthclinic@gmail.com) or WhatsApp number +2348140073965e been my hobby not until this faithful day, I was searching
    through the internet, I saw a testimony on how Dr.Emmanuel helped someone in curing his Herpes virus using his healing
    Herbs, quickly I copied his email just to give him a test I spoke to him, he asked me to a preparation for the herbs items, of which I did exactly what he instructed me to do, he told me that he is going to provide the herbal cure to me, which he
    thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe this. A great testimony l must share. A few months back l was diagnosed with herpes virus. I really thought my life was over. I had used different kinds of medication which didn't help. Then l browsed the internet and found a great doctor by the name Dr Odion who listened to my problems and sent me herbal medication via courier. I took the medication as instructed and within 2 weeks, the virus was gone.
    If you need any help you may contact Dr Odion on whatsApp at +234 9019421176
    HIV
    DIABETES
    CANCER
    KIDNEY PROBLEMS
    AND OTHER DISEASES

    ReplyDelete

  4. HOW I GOT CURED FROM HERPES VIRUS I was diagnosed of HERPES virus and i have tried all I can to get cured but all to no avail,,until I saw a post in a health forum about a herbalist man who prepare herbal medications to cure all kind of diseases including HERPES virus,at first I doubted if it was real but decided to give it a try,when I contacted this herbalist via his email and he prepared a HERPES herbal cure and sent it to me via UPS delivery company service, when I received this herbal medicine, he gave me step by direction on how to apply it,after applying the way I was instructed,I was totally cured of this deadly disease called HERPES, all thanks to Dr Oyakhire Email him at droyakhire7@gmail.com this great herbal doctor via WhatsApp +2349039208180 HE CAN ALSO CURE SICKNESS LIKE
    {1}HIV/AIDS
    {2}DIABETES
    {3}EPILEPSY
    {4} BLOOD CANCER
    {5} HPV
    {6} ALS
    {7} HEPATITIS
    {8}LOVE SPELL
    {9} SICKLE AND ANAEMIA..
    or via whatsapp +2349039208180. Email at droyakhire7@gmail. com
    With him your problem are solved

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I am Joy Bella from Houston, Texas, USA. I was living with HPV(human papilloma virus) for almost 2 years, I was not myself, my body was always itching with pains until I was on the internet searching for a remedy. So luckily, i was reading testimonials of clients who was cured of herpes by the amazing spell caster named Dr Oluta spell doctor from West Africa.I contacted him by email, and within 15 minutes he got back to me and ask of my details which i provide to him, he consulted his oracle and told me the solution to my problem and how to go about it, i did is he told me and about the two days i got the cure which he prepared and send to me through DHL service, i took the cure as instructed by him getting to two days i was cured, my HPV(human papilloma virus) was cured up. All thanks to the superb healing herbs of Dr oluta
    You too can get in contact with him today if you wanna be cured from HPV(human papilloma virus) you having by email:  dr.olutaspellcaster@gmail.com or whatsapp +2349065326267
    you can still get in touch with me to know more my cure, here is mine email joybella425@gmail.com 
    Thank you so much great one.. I will continue to testify of your goodness to the universe.    

    ReplyDelete
  6. I GOT CURED FROM HERPES VIRUS I was diagnosed of HERPES virus and i have tried all I can to get cured but all to no avail,,until I saw a post in a health forum about a herbalist man who prepare herbal medications to cure all kind of diseases including #HERPES virus,at first I doubted if it was real but decided to give it a try,when I contacted this herbalist via his email and he prepared a #HERPES herbal cure and sent it to me via DHL delivery company service, when I received this herbal medicine, he gave me step by direction on how to apply it,after applying the way I was instructed,I was totally cured of this deadly disease called HERPES, all thanks to Dr OGODO Email this great herbal doctor via his email Ogodoherbalhomesolution@gmail.com
    You can also WhatsApp him on +2349044680467
    HE CAN ALSO CURE SICKNESS LIKE
    {1}HIV/AIDS
    {2}DIABETES
    {3}EPILEPSY
    {4} BLOOD CANCER
    {5} HPV
    {6} ALS
    {7} HEPATITIS
    {8}LOVE SPELL
    {9} SICKLE AND ANEMIA
    Only DR OGODO Can Help You I Love You Father.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never give up in life they all say no cure to HSV 2 which is a big lie I have pass through many process also i never believe there is really cure to HERPES until I meet Dr.Aire the doctor that have been helping many people for many years, I come across this doctor online when I was searching for cure online I found out about this man, and to my greatest surprise this man have the herbal medicine which I have been looking for years I explain my problem to him through the email I found on someone who testify about him also, Dr.Aire write me a reply and explain how the process work so after ordering for the medicine I got it within 4 days and I took it according to the way Dr.Aire instructed, I was so happy after two week I took the medicine there was very big change in my health when I was done with the process I go for test, I found out I am negative that was the day I have the tears of joy you can also get in contact with my doctor through his email now drairehome@gmail.com or you can also WhatsApp him +2347036740271. And He also have herbs medicine to cured the following diseases; eczema,urethra wart,chronic problems.Herpes, Cancer, Als,Hepatitis, Diabetes, HPV,Infections,ulcer ETC

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been suffering from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) disease for the past one years and had constant pain, especially in my knees. During the first year,I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.This disease started circulating all over my body and i have been taking treatment from my doctor, few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information concerning the prevention of this disease, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) by this Man Dr momoh and she also gave the email address: dr.momoh9@gmail.com of this man and advise we should contact him for any sickness that he would be of help, so i wrote to Dr. momoh telling him about my (HERPES Virus) he told me not to worry that i was going to be cured!! hmm i never believed it,, well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later i started experiencing changes all over me as the doctor assured me that i have cured,after some time i went to my doctor to confirmed if i have be finally healed behold it was TRUE, So friends my advise is if you have such sickness or any other at all you can email:: dr.momoh9@mail.com or whatsApp his number on+2347083724098 

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good New Everyone !! I'm here to testify about Dr AIre I was suffering from Herpes Simplex Virus for about 4 years and I was cured by Dr Aire He sent me the medicine through DHL, I got the medicine and He instructed me on how I'm going to take the medicine, He asked me to drink for 14days which was 2weeks and I did according to his instructions, that was how I got Rid of Herpes Simplex Virus permanently, You can also contact him to get HIV/AIDS medicine by calling him or texting him on WhatsApp through this number +2347036740271 or Kindly Email him directly on; drairehome@gmail.com or https://mobile.facebook.com/drairehome48

    ReplyDelete
  10. it"s obvious some patients with Herpes Virus are being enslaved to the antiviral and other supplementary Orthodox medicine just to help suppress the virus and not a cure. I have been with the virus since 2015 until I was introduced by a blogger who also narrated her story online on how she was cured of HPV after using Dr ALUDA Herbal Medicine. This is a year and 2 weeks since I was delivered from Herpes VIRUS. All thanks to God for using this Great herbalist to heal me. I have promised to keep telling good things about Dr ALUDA. Please feel free to share Your problems with him and don’t forget to tell him I did refer you to Him. Thanks. Write him on whatsapp +2348145636867 or mail him @ Draludaharbalhome @gmail. com He deals with Alzheimer virus, Cancer, HIV, Herpes, Genital, warts, ALS, HBV, UTI, Virginal infection, Genital, Wart, HPV, Hepatitis A/B, Good luck, HSV,  Cold Sores, Diabetes 1 & 2, Pregnancy, Ex back.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been suffering from (HERPES) disease for the last two years and had constant pain, especially in my knees. During the first year,I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.This disease started circulate all over my body and i have been taking treatment from my doctor, few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information concerning the prevention of this disease, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from (Hepatitis B and Cancer) by this Man Dr GODWIN and she also gave the email address of this man and advise we should contact him for any sickness that he would be of help, so i wrote to Dr GODWIN telling him about my (HERPES Virus) he told me not to worry that i was going to be cured!! hmm i never believed it,, well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later i started experiencing changes all over me as the Dr GODWIN me that i have cured,after some time i went to my doctor to confirmed if i have be finally healed behold it was TRUE, So friends my advise is if you have such sickness or any other at all you can email Dr GODWIN on :(drgodwinsolutinonhome@gmail.com or WhatsApp +2348054615060) sir i am indeed grateful for the help i will forever recommend you to my friends!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello everyone i was diagnosed of herpes simplex virus for about 8 months ,I’ve lost all hope and my doctor said there is no possible cure and I have been taken antiviral to sustain myself I have had several out break from the time I was diagnosed till I got to know about Dr.Ebhota through a friend who he cured of Herpes . I contacted him and he sent me his herbal remedy which I took as he directed me to do for some days and I went to the hospital after consuming his Herbal medicine and I was confirmed Herpes Negative after 8 months of pains and depression , it was indeed a miracle, Dr.ebhota is a great man, I have heard so much about how he has help lot of people, He also cure ALS, HEPATITIS B, CANCER, HERPES, DIABETES and lots more. If you have any issues you can contact him for help add him on whatsapp +2348089535482. or via email:Email drebhotasolution@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete